About the British Marine Federation
The British Marine Federation (BMF) is the
trade association for the leisure, superyacht and small
commercial marine industry.
We represent businesses involved in:
- Leisure boats - seagoing and inland
- Small commercial workboats up to 24m
- Hire fleets
And all the equipment and services needed for those craft.
Our members come from around 4,200 businesses in today's UK
leisure, superyacht and small commercial marine markets. The
turnover of those markets is worth £2.8905 billion.
Our mission statement states that:
We will lead and promote our industry and work with our members
to achieve sustainable growth in a competitive global environment,
through the provision of world-class goods and services.
So, on behalf of our members we:
- Promote the marine industry
- Provide showcases for its products, here and overseas
- Liaise with Governments, Authorities and Agencies
- Conduct research on UK and International marine markets
- Provide technical, regulatory and manufacturing information and
- Provide strategy, advice and practical assistance on
environmental issues More
- Assist with training and recruitment More
- Advise and represent on legal and financial matters
BMF Members gain free membership to a BMF region as well as
groups and associations relevant to their business. View the
BMF Family Tree to see
the regions, groups and associations that sit within the
British Marine Federation.
The British Marine Federation is a company limited by guarantee.
(Company No. 02592536) Its principal trading activity is
promoting the boating industry and the organisation and promotion
of exhibitions. The Federation is funded from member subscriptions
and from its exhibitions.