Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Applications in Marine and Rail Transport
Published on 21/6/2012
The Transport KTN and Energy Generation and Supply KTN bring you a short but informative lunchtime webinar on 17th July about applications of hydrogen and fuel cells technologies in marine and rail transport.
Fuel cells and hydrogen have the potential to transform the energy landscape, offering a range of solutions to the challenges around economic growth, decarbonisation, energy security and fuel poverty in a variety of applications.
In transport, passenger fuel cell vehicles operating on fossil-derived hydrogen offer 50% reductions in carbon emissions when compared to conventional petrol vehicles, and produce no carbon when the hydrogen is derived from renewable sources.
Application of H2 and fuel cells in marine and rail transport
Whilst the application of hydrogen and fuel cells within road passenger transport gets headline news, there is less awareness of its application in rail and marine transport.
Join this webinar for an opportunity to:
* Explore the drivers and barriers for fuel cell and hydrogen applications across rail and marine transport
* Learn about the latest developments in propulsion and APU systems based on fuel cells and hydrogen technologies in these applications
* Identify gaps and next steps for commercial deployment of fuel cells and hydrogen in rail and marine transport
DATE: 17 July 2012
TIME: 12:30 - 14:00
* Introduction, Celia Greaves, EG&S KTN
* 12:40 Andreas Hoffrichter (University of Birmingham): Fuel cells and hydrogen technologies for rail, followed by short Q&A
* 13:15 Ed Fort (Lloyds Register): Fuel cells and hydrogen technologies for marine transport, followed by short Q&A
* 13:50 Joint Q&A session
* 14:00 Close
To register to attend the webinar please click HERE.
Alternatively, for further information please contact Tessa Darley, KTN Knowledge Manager, Transport Knowledge Transfer Network: firstname.lastname@example.org