BMF Member Gets Wrapped In the Games
Published on 20/7/2012
Beneteau, British Marine Federation member, official supplier to LOCOG for the 2012 Olympic Games gets wrapped in time for the sailing events in Weymouth & Portland.
The LOCOG (London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games) chose Beneteau as the Official Supplier of up to 20 motorboats to be used to supervise the Sailing Olympic Games and Paralympics at the Weymouth and Portland sites.
Officials, journalists, organisers and VIPs will embark on Antares, Swift Trawlers, Barracuda, Flyer Gran Turismo and Flyers, prepared, piloted and serviced by the English Beneteau network.
Watch the Beneteau Swift Trawler 34 getting its new colours in time for the Olympic Games sailing events starting next Sunday (29 July 2012).
To date the confirmed list of Beneteau boats are:
- x2 Swift Trawler 52 and an Antares 36: Olympic 'Family' - VIP heads of state and royalty
- x4 Swift Trawler 44 and a Swift Trawler 34 : Written Press
- Swift Trawler 34 (Womens match race) : Start boats
- x4 Barracuda 9 : Finish boats
- x2 Barracuda 9 and x4 Antares 8.80 : GPS relay - they drive around the perimeter of the race course and have electronic amplifiers fitted which increases the power of the gps signal coming from the competitors boat. this allows the boats position to be shown online.
- x3 Antares 7.80 : Field of play marshall boats
To read more from the BMF on all things Olympic visit the page here - http://www.britishmarine.co.uk/what_we_do/industry_projects/london_games_2012.aspx