Fast Forward - Marine Cluster Event
Published on 25/10/2012
The University of Southampton, as joint winners of Intellectual Property Office “Fast Forward 2012” funding has arranged a FREE inaugural Fast Forward - Marine Cluster meeting in November.
This event will be of interest to innovative marine businesses with the emphasis on managing their Intellectual Property and knowledge sharing and by so doing engaging more effectively and profitably in collaborative R&D projects with other companies, research organisations and academia. Five presentations will cover related IP, innovation, R&D funding, and supply chain topics as follows:
- Adrian Waddams, Transport KTN - The Technology Strategy Board’s Marine Vessel Efficiency funding competition expected to open in Jan 2013.
- David Bream, University of Southampton - How IP can be the bedrock of growing a business.
- David Elson, British Marine Federation - The Benefits and Challenges for SMEs and larger marine firms in raising the performance of marine supply chains.
- Jonathan Williams, Marine South East - How increasing Europe’s innovation capacity in maritime resource efficiency is the aim of a new European funded project that MSE has been working on from October 2012.
- Kevin Forshaw, Southampton Marine and Maritime Institute - How the Southampton Marine and Maritime Institute is supporting and promoting innovation in the marine sector through the use of the facilities, staff and students at the University of Southampton.
DATE: Tuesday 6 November 2012
TIME: 1600 - 1930
VENUE: University of Southampton Science Park, Chilworth
Light refreshments will be provided.
To reserve your FREE place go to: http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/4627912210
For further information and to view the event agenda please download the schedule HERE.