The PSP Southampton Boat Show Announces Olympic Canoeist Lizzie Neave to Host Ladies’ Day Challenge
Published on 5/9/2012
The PSP Southampton Boat Show is delighted to announce Olympic canoe slalom athlete, K1 paddler Lizzie Neave who will be hosting the 4th annual Ladies’ Day events on Thursday 20 September.
Lizzie, an Olympic athlete from Staffordshire, achieved excellent results in competition in 2011 and 2012 and was selected for the 2012 Olympic Games. European and World Bronze medallist, Lizzie is excited to be hosting the Ladies Day challenge and showing competitors how it’s done!
On attending her first PSP Southampton Boat Show and encouraging more women to get into canoeing, Lizzie comments: "I am excited about being involved in Ladies’ Day and I am looking forward to helping some of the ladies improve their paddling skills”.
Lizzie will be joined in the Ladies’ Day Canoe Challenge by eight women taking to the water in Prijon 'Chopper' kayaks supplied by Avoncraft. Trained by Lizzie and under the watchful eye of Rockley Watersports staff, the amateur participants include Heart FM’s Lucy Horobin, the Southern Daily Echo’s Tara Russell, as well as Natalie Aspinall, a volunteer at Ladies’ Day’s charity, Breast Cancer Campaign.
Get down to the lagoon area of the Marina at 10am on Ladies’ Day to catch the challenge, where Jo Dixie, of Show sponsor PSP, and blogger Lucy Kartsen will also be testing out their canoeing skills!
- Ends -
For more information, please contact the NBS Press Office team at Publicasity on 020 7632 2432 or email@example.com and find Show updates on the @LoveBoatShows Facebook and Twitter pages.
Notes to Editors:
- The PSP Southampton Boat Show runs from 14 – 23 September in Mayflower Park, Southampton. Opening hours are Friday 14 – Saturday 22, 10am – 6:30pm and Sunday 23, 10am – 6pm; visitors can access the Arena area of the Show from 9:30am with access across the bridge to the Holiday Inn from 10am
- ** For all Show ticket information please visit from mid June www.southamptonboatshow.com
- The PSP Southampton Boat Show in Mayflower Park and the Tullett Prebon London Boat Show at ExCeL London are organised by National Boat Shows Ltd (NBS). NBS is a subsidiary of the British Marine Federation (BMF), the trade association for the UK boating industry
- All activities can be booked at the Show – from mid June see www.southamptonboatshow.com for details
- A fee of £1.75 applies per transaction, not per ticket
- To book your accommodation for the PSP Southampton Boat Show visit the accommodation section to see the exclusive special offers for Show guests. From mid June visit http://www.southamptonboatshow.com/2011/visiting/accommodation
- The Tullett Prebon London Boat Show takes place from 12 – 20 January 2013 at ExCeL London. For more information visit www.londonboatshow.com
- PSP is the title sponsor of the PSP Southampton Boat Show and one of the UK’s fastest-growing freight forwarders.
- Working from its headquarters in Hampshire and in conjunction with its offices and agents across the globe, it also offers worldwide boat transportation, marine spares, international express courier services, export packing and waterjet cutting services.
- Flexible and fast-moving, PSP is continually expanding and is this year due to open its own dedicated office in China. This will add to its portfolio of bases in the UK, India and its global network of boat transportation specialists, The PSP Alliance.
- PSP was the first ever title sponsor of the PSP Southampton Boat Show and 2012 marks its fifth year of sponsorship.
- PSP ships for brands such as The Clipper Round the World Yacht Race, Princess, Sunseeker, Fairline, Dee Caffari MBE, Bear Grylls and Sir Robin Knox-Johnson.
- To find out more visit www.psp-logistics.com
About Lizzie Neave:
- Lizzie Neave is an Olympic canoe slalom athlete, K1 paddler. Her blog can be found at http://www.lizzieneave.blogspot.co.uk/
- As part of the British Canoe Union, Lizzie and Team GB competes year round and full portfolios can be found here http://www.gbcanoeing.org.uk/gbc/index.cfm/news/five-slalom-canoeists-selected-to-team-gb-for-london-20121/