- These General Ticket terms and conditions apply to tickets registered for the British Marine Digital Spring Expo (the “Event”)
- The organiser of the Event is British Marine Federation (company number 02592536, Marine House, Thorpe Lea Road, Egham, Surrey, TW20 8BF), its employees and staff (the “Organiser”).
- All tickets are subject to availability and may be amended without notice. Tickets must be registered for this Event via the Eventbrite website.
- Visitors will not be allowed admission to the relevant part(s) of the Event without a valid ticket.
- Presentation of a ticket for admission to any part of the Event constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions upon which the Organiser is prepared to grant entry.
- A ticket is valid for one admission only to the relevant part(s) of the Event between specified times on a given date.
- Tickets containing mistakes cannot be rectified on presentation at the Event or relevant part thereof.
- The maximum amount of tickets that can be registered by one attendee on the Eventbrite website is 10.
- Tickets numbers are limited and are on a first come, first served basis.
- Tickets will be provided in electronic format and sent via email to the email provided by the purchaser during purchase.
- A ticket obtained in contravention of these terms and conditions, or which in the Organiser’s reasonable opinion is being used, or is intended to used, in contravention of these terms and conditions, shall be void. All rights conferred or evidenced by such a ticket shall be nullified.
- Tickets shall not be used for any promotion, advertising, fundraising, auction, raffle or other similar commercial or non-commercial purpose including, but not limited to, being awarded as a prize (or part of) without the prior written consent of the Organiser.
Refunds, Exchange, Transfer or Resale
- All tickets remain the property of the Organiser.
- Any replacement of lost, damaged or stolen tickets remains at the discretion of the Organiser.
Right to Cancel, Defer, Rearrange or Amend
- The Organiser reserves the right to defer, rearrange, amend or cancel the Event in whole or in part at any time without obligation to refund or exchange tickets.
- If for any reason the Organiser cannot offer a visitor any aspect of the Event at the time or date booked, it will endeavour to offer such visitor a suitable alternative time and/or date during the Event, but it will not be obliged to do so.
- Possession of a ticket does not confer any rights (by implication or otherwise) on a visitor to use, alter, copy or otherwise deal with any of the symbols, trademarks, copyright, logos and/or intellectual property appearing on the ticket.
- Visitors may be filmed and/or recorded for broadcast, marketing, Event promotion or security purposes during the Event.
- Ambush marketing is strictly prohibited, and anyone caught carrying out such an activity will be evicted from the Event and potentially be subject to prosecution.
- Visitors must not breach or infringe the rights of any sponsors, suppliers, broadcasters, exhibitors or other parties commercially associated to the Event.
- Visitors must not bring any musical instruments or equipment into the Event venue without the prior written consent of the Organiser and the venue operator.
- Visitors must do nothing which may constitute a breach of the law, cause nuisance or annoyance to other persons in the venue and/or Event or to local residents. Endanger any licence for the sale of alcohol and/or for music or dancing.
- Visitors must comply at all times with any instructions issued by the Organiser of the Event.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time.
- Visitors shall ensure that they and their organisations shall commit no acts or omissions, either before, during or after the Event, which may bring the Organiser into disrepute or may damage any of their reputations or is materially adverse to any of their interests.
- Each visitor (and its organisation if such visitor was attending on behalf of such organisation) shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Organiser against any losses, liabilities, damages, costs including but not limited to legal fees) and expenses incurred by, or awarded against, the Customer as a result of any breach of these terms and conditions by the visitor (and its organisation if such visitor was attending on behalf of such organisation.
Limitation of Liability
- Except for any liability for:
i. death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or
ii. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
iii. any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law;
the Organiser will not be liable, whether in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence or breach of statutory duty) for:
iv. any damage to property, accidents or injuries incurred at the Event or part thereof.
v. financial or other responsibility for: 1) any loss or liability incurred by the public at the Show, which arises or may arise as a result of contracts entered into by visitors with any exhibitor or for any advice sought or obtained from any exhibitor; or 2) any loss or damage to personal property brought into the Show.
vi.any indirect, special or consequential losses, including, but not limited to: i) loss of profits; ii) loss of revenue; iii) loss of contracts; iv) loss of data; or ) loss of goodwill.
- The Organiser’s liability (whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise) is limited to the purchase price of the tickets that a visitor purchased, or £50 (whichever is the greater).
- These terms and conditions contained in clauses 1 to 31 constitute the entire agreement between the Organiser and any visitor and neither party shall have any claim or remedy in respect of any statement, representation, warranty or undertaking, made by or on behalf of any other party in relation to these terms and conditions which is not already set out in these terms and conditions. This clause shall not limit or exclude the Organiser’s liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- If any provision or part-provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these terms and conditions.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions and the purchase of any ticket to any part of the Event and shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction to the English courts.