Closing Date28 February 2019
Valid From28 January 2019
Location: Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Reports to: Base Manager, BVI (In the absence of, VP of Operations)
Contract Terms: Permanent
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Yachts business, working in the British Virgin Islands. You will be an integral part of the Senior Management team on the base, and be responsible for the Crewed Yacht department, with a team size of circa. 65 people and 28 yachts.
The position of the Crewed Yacht Operations Manager involves managing and leading the Crewed Yacht teams, which includes Captains, Chefs, Steward(ess)s and technical & support teams. You will ensure that the exceptional service standards we expect as a business are maintained, and seek ways to continually improve the service we provide. You will equally ensure the fleet is maintained in line with our standard procedures, with the support of a technical team. Further, you will ensure that all set KPI’s are met, budgets are controlled and teams are managed effectively to perform their duties as requested. This is a senior role within the base structure, as such, you will act as an ambassador for the Crewed Yacht product, lead by example and be a role model for the crews within the department, and wider base team.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Liaise with Recruitment Manager based in the UK to hire full time and freelance crews as required to successfully run the BVI Crewed Yacht fleet.
- Work with local HR Business Partner to maintain accurate and complete employee records, ensuring full compliance with the BVI labour code and immigration procedures.
- Develop, maintain and implement effective induction and training programs to ensure consistency throughout the fleet.
- Monitor results (including customer CSQ scores) through key performance indicators, and take proactive actions to address issues identified or discovered.
- Apply constant feedback and mentoring to crews to achieve the highest standards expected. Take action where appropriate in a timely manner. Follow performance management and appraisal process as directed by HR department.
- Monitor and document all operational expenses and manage accordingly, including budget and forecasts for the fiscal year.
- Respond to customer feedback reports to further improve quality of product by fostering a service oriented culture and making customer service the teams’ main priority.
- Liaise with the bareboat management team to ensure consistent communication across all brands and shared services and facilities.
- Maintain, update and communicate department policy manual on an annual basis, more frequent if required, to ensure always accurate.
- Prepare and submit an annual budget to the BVI Base Manager or VP of Operations.
- Purchase and receive local and international marine inventory in line with budget. Ensure full record keeping and accounting procedures are followed.
- Represent The Moorings brand accordingly, I.e. Boat shows, press trips, familiarization trips for prospective company incentives.
- Generate and implement ideas to further enhance the quality of The Moorings product for the satisfaction of our customers.
- Take an active role in maintaining the cleanliness of The Moorings base and ensure all crews and team members adhere accordingly.
- Liaise with phase in team to ensure all new yachts arrive with the correct inventory and the yachts are in a satisfactory condition. Assist with the monitoring and documentation of all insurance and warranty issues on the yacht.
- Manage daily operational duties. Record keeping, cleaning schedules, maintenance schedules.
- Maximize revenue and control cost by consolidating charters where appropriate and managing crew’s schedules/vacation.
- Work together with the marketing and sales teams to assist in the production of promotional materials and brand awareness.
- Assist social media projects that are related to the promotion of the Crewed Yacht Product.
- Generate ideas to increase revenue and reduce operational costs.
- Work with the technical manager to ensure these standards are being met:
- Yacht checks – is the skipper maintaining to The Moorings maintenance schedules and is the work being carried out to a satisfactory level.
- Recognize where a skipper needs technical training, and ensure if provided.
- Recognize where a skipper is not capable of operating a yacht safely, and take appropriate action.
- Ensure yacht maintenance expenditure is accounted for.
- Ensure all yachts are available and ready for charter. All systems are working correctly and the yacht is clean and prepped for charter.
- Assist with securing boats and property in the event of a hurricane, or storm watch.
- Carry out other duties that are pertinent to the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Demonstrable experience in managing a large, complex team
- Demonstrable experience of crewed yacht management is highly advantageous
- Demonstrable experience of yacht equipment knowledge
- Demonstrable experience of working within the Marine industry
- Ability to understand possible technical defects and pass on relevant information to the technical manager
- Ability to handle guest emergency, employee, and property situations in accordance with company policy
- Demonstrable Business Management knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, and manage various projects at once
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence senior managers, and colleagues at all levels to achieve plan as defined
- Ability to adapt to different working styles and cultures – to achieve the defined end result
- Ability to be flexible with regards to working hours and days of work – in order to meet business demands (Working hours will include evenings, weekends, public holidays)
- Strong, proven negotiation skills
WORKING WITH US:
Operating across the globe including Europe, Australia, North America and Canada, we’re passionate about being the best and pride ourselves on the unique and diverse range of holiday experiences we offer our customers.
Travelopia is a pioneer in the specialist travel sector, with a portfolio of more than 50 independently operated brands, most of which are leaders in their sector. Sailing holidays, safaris, adventure holidays, sports tours, Arctic expeditions – our brands are as diverse as they are exciting, creating unforgettable experiences for customers across the world.
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff yacht usage programme
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company.
Apply ToPolly Banister at firstname.lastname@example.org
Company NameThe Moorings
AddressDST House, St Marks Hill