Event date: 09/11/2021 to 11/11/2021
Welcome Afloat is a highly practical customer service training course, using varied active training styles to give participants the skills and knowledge they can immediately use in the workplace.
Following on from almost five successful years of delivering the ‘Welcome Afloat’ programme face to face, British Marine, together with Welcome to Excellence, have decided to offer an online version as well.
Objectives of the Welcome Afloat Course
- To support member organisations in their endeavour to maintain the highest levels of customer care, service and quality, even during these challenging times
- To help the teams to attract and retain customers, and understand customer needs and expectations
- To ensure that the organisations consistently offer exceptional levels of customer service, aiming to exceed expectations and gain repeat business/recommendations
- To equip teams with the skills to communicate and connect with customers and colleagues; including how to deal with challenges such as complaints
- To encourage people to act as ambassadors for their organisations, aiming to keep customers for life.
The programme will be run in two sessions, within one week of each other. Each session takes place from 10:00 to 12:30 approx., including a 15-minute break.
Session 1: 'Exceeding expectations' - Tuesday 9th November 2021
This first session covers how we attract and retain customers; how we can inspire through great service and exceed expectations; and the importance of creating great boating experiences for all. The content of this session will be:
- Understanding our customers
- A memorable welcome
- Inspiring customers and making a difference
- Closing session
Session 2: 'Customers for life' - Thursday 11th November2021
This second session covers the importance of working as a team to gain feedback; managing expectations and dealing with 'niggles' and complaints; building loyalty and trust; promoting boating and your business. The content of this session will be:
- A proactive approach to feedback
- Handling challenges
- An ambassador for your business
- Closing session
What can I expect from this course?
- Pre-course activities to ensure that everyone is prepared for the session
- Training delivered by experienced facilitators, in a fun and engaging format
- High-quality visual presentation used throughout
- Breakout room activities for attendees to work in smaller groups using clearly defined activity briefs
- Interactive whiteboard activities
- Quizzes, games and plenty of interaction
- Time for attendees to ask questions, both in-session, publicly and privately through Zoom Chat
- Post course feedback questionnaires to check learning goals and gain feedback on the session
- Follow-up PDF to all attendees containing key points from the session, for reference.
What do I need to have to join the sessions?
The workshop will be run online via Zoom. You will receive joining instructions with specific software requirements after you register for the course.