With two thirds of adults using social media everyday, the landscape of how brands communicate with its customers is evolving. As social media becomes ingrained into the day-to-day lives of consumers, it has become increasingly important for businesses to build this essential marketing tool into the mix.
From the simple basics of Facebook and Twitter through to the more advanced stages of monitoring and insight, the experts at McKenna Townsend are pleased to offer social media training to British Marine members, which will not only show you how social media works but also how you can develop the right strategy for your business.
This one-day workshop will equip you with the knowledge and tools to understand the core social media platforms and how to maximise your social media results. The workshop is designed to give attendees the social media basics through to some practical tips, which are crucial for growing your social media presence effectively.
The Social Media training course proved to be one of the most interesting training courses that I have attended, The team from McKenna Townsend were very knowledgeable and the information provided and the skills gained from attending the course will be a great help with promoting all aspect of Savage Lightings social media and marketing platforms in the future.
Matt Faulks, Senior Sales Manager, Savage Marine Ltd
Starting from the bottom and working our way up; this course is aimed at beginners.
In the morning you’ll learn the basics of social media - what it is, how to set objectives and understanding each platform. The afternoon session will focus on creating engaging content, building your loyal following, managing channels effectively and how to measure your success. The session will be hands-on throughout the day to allow you to put your learning’s into practise and to kick-start your business into the social media landscape.
Morning session: Understanding the basics
- Introduction to social media
- Understanding why social media is important focusing on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Setting objectives and setting out your individual objectives
- Identifying the right platform for your business needs
- Setting up social media accounts on platforms identified
- Guide to creating engaging content and how to build your very own social media content matrix
- Develop a plan to build your following
- Investigating advanced features across social media platforms, including live video streaming
- Introduction to social media advertising and how to utilise it to meet your objectives on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Learn how to set up your own advertising campaign
- Understanding risk management and learning how to manage negative comments
- Setting up your own crisis response plan
- How to measure your social media success looking into analytical tools to evaluate how it meets your business objectives
The specialist team at McKenna Townsend will be training you through your business’ social media needs. Delivering social media strategies on a daily basis for clients within the marine sector, we are equipped with the insight and best practice knowledge to ensure we get your social media presence exactly right. With experience spanning across all key social media channels, we love creating buzz and talkability, ultimately to generate increased referring website traffic, footfall and spend.
Further information: Liv Whetmore - 01784 223631 / firstname.lastname@example.org