Members of British Marine Inland Boating, therefore of British Marine, may not be aware of all the benefits they are eligible for.
Members of British Marine can benefit from 1 free hour planning advice a year, carried out by our planning consultant Chris Corcoran of Southern Planning Practices. Chris gained an MA degree at Campion Hall, Oxford in English and a Diploma in Town Planning at Oxford Brookes University. His professional election as MRTPI was in 1973. Chris has been associated with British Marine for over 10 years and provides comprehensive planning advice.
British Marine's planning service offers:
· Advice on planning permission if required
· Requirements for development
· Opposition of threatening developments
· Advice on planning policies - Land use
· Links to other experts
To benefit from this service, please contact Brian Clark, Environment & External Relations Manager at British Marine on 01784 223644 or email@example.com.
Technical & Environment
- Technical advice on issues that could affect your business including the RCD, MCA codes, BSS, new legislation and standards
- The Green Blue – Free environmental audit
- Free technical reports (worth £400 per year)
- Marina management training – intermediate & advanced
- Assisting Members to complete the Hire Boat Handover Scheme
- Grants of up to £1000 through British Marine.
- Help to source and signpost funding and grants
- Representation at numerous Marine Industry/Boating User Groups and with your Navigation Authority including the Canal & River Trust
- Monitor legislation & regulatory issues
Legal & Finance
- Legal support from British Marine Legal team and access to 24 hr free legal assistance through First Assist.
- An independent Dispute Resolution Service
- Free website service offering contracts & guidance notes
- Access to a dedicated VAT advisor
- Access to the Members only area on British Marine Website, including template contracts, terms and conditions.
- Industry Standard Terms and conditions for Hire, hotel Boat and marinas (all checked by solicitors)
Statistics & Market Research
- Boat production & Hire boat survey
- Economics benefits of the UK boating industry, coastal and inland marinas.
- Use of the British Marine Inland Boating logo on your website and marketing material.
- Your business listed on at least 2 websites in British Marine Group, attracting over 9k visitors per month including the British Marine Inland Boating Website www.britishmarine.co.uk/british marine inland boating
- Inclusion in the “On the water” British Marine promotional website www.onthewater.co.uk our consumer marketing campaign which reaches thousands
- Regular Newsletters to all Members via email, plus weekly updates from British Marine Website, British Marine Latest news
- Enhance your credibility by using the British Marine Inland Boating and British Marine logo.
- Access to international market reports.
- Export and VAT guidance
- Free worldwide credit checks.
- Access to preferential health care and energy prices
- Preferential credit and debit card rates
National Boat Show
- British Marine Boat Shows run tow world class events, ideal showcases for the industry
- Six complimentary tickets per year with additional VIP tickets at reduced rates.
- Members receive up to 25% stand space discount.
And if that wasn’t enough... please see below 10 more
- British Marine has 100 years experience, with British Marine Inland Boating having over 60 years
- Unlike other membership organisations British Marine truly understands the marine industry
- British Marine Inland Boating has over 100 members in its association with British Marine representing over 1500 members.
- British Marine has a team of over 45 experienced marine industry professionals.
- 28 dedicated regional and group associations
- British Marine Inland Boating has a large and dedicated committee consisting of 16 members.
- British Marine hold over 30 networking events per year.
- Invitation to your local British Marine Inland Boating Regional Group meetings
- Invitation to our Annual British Marine Inland Boating Autumn Conference
- And of course, back up of a very committed, dedicated association secretary.
We will be regularly informing you about the latest special offers or new supplier deals that are added to the portfolio over the course of the year.