British Marine Midlands focus is on improving and enhancing the marine industry in the midlands by:
- Promotion and raising of the profile of the Marine industry to local Government Bodies/Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEP’s), interested parties and funding streams by supporting its own members.
- Signposting Support opportunities to the regions businesses in the current economic climate.
- Assisting the regions businesses to improve their sales and profits, incorporating increased networking and development of opportunities.
British Marine Midlands provides a variety of services to businesses including the scheduling and co-ordination of a number of activities and events. These include quarterly meetings for information sharing, training events and networking events to encourage cross sector business.
Specific Annual Strategy Objectives
- To source & promote assistance programmes available to members
- To increase membership of the region
- To continue communication improvements within existing members to ensure they feel the benefit of staying a British Marine member
- To encourage members to communicate more with their sector representative members on the Midlands Committee.
British Marine Midlands will focus on the following projects
To create a British Marine Midlands website, including a public facing Capabilities Directory of every member company in the Midlands region
- To produce a quarterly newsletter to keep members updated with information on local workshops and events, grants and funding available.
- Inland Waterways – seek influence with the new waterways trust and seats on the decision making bodies at all levels.
- To continue to develop opportunities with the East Midlands Transport iNET, seeking support for the Marine Industry through the Innovation Network
- To continue with the activities/events of the region