Published on: 07 March 2018
No matter what industry you work in, you will need to comply with the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which come into force on 25 May 2018. British Marine, in conjunction with member company Hill Dickinson LLP, is holding a number of ½ day workshops to assist British Marine members with their preparations for the GDPR and to allow them to discuss concerns, to ensure that members have compliant policies and procedures for processing personal data.
The workshop is aimed at Senior Managers responsible for the implementation of GDPR and will be approximately 3 hours in length. The workshop agenda runs as follows:
- Short introduction
- Summary of GDPR provisions re personal data and recommendations of what needs to be done for compliance
- Familiarisation of the business with GDPR to include:
- Consideration of appointment of a Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- Audit of personal data and data flow within the organisation and to third parties
- Assessment of controls in place and risk assessment for improved controls
- Consideration of security
- Consideration of the results and setting of policy
- Amending or drafting policies and procedures applicable with whom personal data is processed
- Reviewing and amending contracts for GDPR compliance
- Conclusion - discussion
British Marine has five more courses set to run between now and 25 May, in Glasgow, Peterborough, Southampton, Inverness and Manchester (this course is specifically aimed at boat brokers). If you have not already taken steps to make your business GDPR compliant, you are strongly advised to sign up to one of these courses today.
Visit British Marine Events and Courses to book your place. Hurry, these courses have proved extremely popular and are filling up fast.