Published on: 19 November 2020
Scotland has announced that from 20 November 2020, 11 areas will be moving into the most restrictive COVID-19 prevention measures known as tier 4. This includes the following areas:
East Ayrshire, East Dunbartonshire, East Renfrewshire, Glasgow City, North Lanarkshire, Renfrewshire, South Ayrshire, South Lanarkshire, Stirling, West Dunbartonshire and West Lothian.
The restrictions include (but are not limited to):
- Meeting others indoors (socialising): You should not meet people in your home or theirs. You can meet another household indoors in a public place, with a maximum of 6 people from 2 separate households, although it should be noted that most of these will be closed.
- Meeting others outdoors (socialising): Meet other households outdoors, in a private garden, park etc. A maximum of 6 people from 2 households are allowed.
- Hospitality: Restaurants, cafes, pubs will be closed. Takeaways can operate as normal. Hotels can still serve food to qualifying guests until 22:00.
- Holiday accommodation: Must shut to tourism but can stay open to cater for specific groups such as those that need it for work.
- Travel and transport: No use of public transport except for essential purposes. Essential travel only to or from a Level 4 local authority. Avoid car sharing with people not in your household.
- Shopping: All shops must close apart from essential retail, however ‘Click and Collect’ and outdoor retail are still permitted.
- Stadia and events: Stadia must close to spectators and no live events are permitted.
- Sports and exercise: Outdoor gyms remain open, outdoor non-contact sports are permitted. Indoor sports facilities must close. The Royal Yachting Society (RYA) have a useful table looking specifically at boating found here.
- Leisure and entertainment: All leisure and entertainment premises must close although film and TV production can continue to take place.
- Visitor attractions: All indoor attractions must close. Outdoor attractions, such as parks, gardens and outdoor areas of zoos can remain open.
- Offices, call centres and other workplaces: People are advised to work from home wherever practical.
The Tier 4 measures are currently forecast to run for three weeks from 6pm on 20 November 2020.
For a full list of restrictions for all tiers and to check what tier your area is in please go to the Scottish Government site found here.