Published on: 08 December 2021
The Department for Work & Pensions (DWP) has recently made updates to the Government Kickstart Scheme.
- A Kickstart Participant may not commence a Kickstart Scheme job after 31 March 2022. If any Participant starts any job after 31 March 2022, they shall not be classed as a Participant under the terms of the Grant Agreement and no payments will be made in respect of that individual.
- The Project End Date is defined as 30 November 2022. This is the date the DWP expects all grant administration activities to be completed.
These are the Key dates going forward:
17 December 2021, 12:00pm: Applications and Variations Deadline
- Last applications to the Scheme for new grants and variations to existing grants
- The DWP will not be assessing any applications or variations received after this time.
- For applications received before the deadline, the DWP will aim to email with a decision within 2 weeks.
7 January 2022, 11:59pm: Returned Signed Grant Agreements Deadline
- All Grant Agreements for approved applications and variations should be returned to DWP as soon as possible – within two weeks of receiving a Grant Offer Letter and no later than 11:59pm on 7 January.
- Associated jobs from the Grant Agreement will not be progressed if it is not returned by this time.
31 January 2022, 11:59pm: Vacancy Submission Deadline
- All Job Placement Templates (JPTs) for approved Kickstart jobs should be returned to DWP or uploaded on the online self-service portal as soon as possible and no later than 11:59pm on 31 January.
- JPTs received after this deadline will not be progressed and the associated Kickstart jobs will not be part of the Scheme.
28 February, 11:59pm: Vacancies removed from Find a Job
- Kickstart vacancies that have been uploaded by DWP to Find a Job will be removed.
1 March 2022, 11:59pm: Vacancy Closure and Referral Deadline.
- Kickstart jobs will have a closure date no later than 1 March 2022.
- DWP Work Coaches can refer to Kickstart vacancies up to 1 March.
31 March 2022, 11:59pm: Job Start Deadline
- Last date young people must have started in a Kickstart job. Employers that have not started a young person in an approved job before or on this date will not qualify to receive Kickstart grant funding for that job.
- The DWP asks that employers and Kickstart gateways notify the DWP as soon as possible after a young person has started in a Kickstart job.
30 April 2022, 11:59pm: Employers no longer able to access the online self-service portal.
- Employers will no longer be able to access the online self-service portal to access their Kickstart vacancies.
If you are considering submitting further applications to the Kickstart Scheme, please speak to your local DWP contact as soon as possible. They can work with you on any applications you are considering and give a local insight into how the scheme is working in your area. You may have already had a conversation with your DWP account manager about how these dates apply to you.
The DWP five tips to fill a Kickstart vacancy swiftly and successfully gives practical advice on how you can get the best candidates for your roles as they continue to support young people into Kickstart jobs - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/kickstart-scheme-employer-resources/5-tips-to-fill-your-kickstart-vacancy-swiftly-and-successfully