Published on: 07 October 2021
ICOMIA (The International Council of Marine Industry Associations) has released the latest Quarterly EU Updates Report for September 2021 and is ready for industry to download and look at. LOGOS (public affairs specialist) completed this report with the help and input of ICOMIA’s Environmental and Technical Consultants.
The key highlights since the last report that was published back in June 2021 include:
- Ship Recycling Regulation (SRR)
- NAIADES III Action Plan
- Port Reception Facilities (PRF) for ship-generated waste and cargo residues
- Updates on EU Port Services Regulation
- EU Emission Trading System
- Trade Issues (Including agreements with Australia, New Zealand, Brexit, Japan, Singapore, Vietnam, MERCOSUR, and the USA)
This guide has two main sections to it. Section one focuses on environmental legislation and initiatives and Section two focuses on other relevant EU policies.
We ask that our members take the time to read through the report, especially looking at the areas which have been highlighted above, to make sure that you are up to date with any changes that may have occurred through the industry, especially if products are being put onto the relevant marketplace in the key highlights.
You can find the link to the Quarterly EU Report on the British Marine website here.