Published on: 30 September 2021
Phase 2 of the Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF), designed to help energy intensive industries and businesses with high energy use to cut their energy bills and carbon emissions, will open on 27 September 2021.
Industrial sites in England, Wales and Northern Ireland can bid for up to £60m in grant funding.
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), in collaboration with KTN (Knowledge Transfer Network), will be hosting an online competition briefing webinar on the 6 October to share details of the new autumn 2021 window of funding for Phase 2 of the IETF.
The IETF will support businesses with high energy use to transition to a low carbon future and to cut their bills and emissions through increased energy efficiency and decarbonisation. All projects must relate to improvements to an existing industrial process at a manufacturing site or data centre. It complements other government programmes that offer innovation and early demonstration support, such as the Industrial Energy Efficiency Accelerator and Industrial Fuel Switching (part of the Net Zero Innovation Portfolio) and will help to transform an important part of the UK economy.
The Phase 2 competition for England, Wales and Northern Ireland which opens on the 27 September 2021 and runs until 6 December, is worth up to £60 million in funding. It will be available in the form of a grant scheme and will fund:
- Studies - feasibility and engineering studies to investigate identified energy efficiency and decarbonisation projects prior to making an investment decision.
- Energy efficiency projects - deployment of technologies to reduce industrial energy consumption.
- Deep decarbonisation projects - deployment of technologies to achieve industrial emissions savings. This strand of the competition is new for Phase 2.
For more information on IETF Phase 2: Autumn 2021 and to view the applicant guidance, please visit our competition page.
The briefing webinar will include an opportunity to:
- Hear about the scope of the competitions in more detail and how to apply
- Learn about the eligibility criteria
- Hear from industrial site owners who were funded in Phase 1
- Network online and develop partnerships for the competitions
- Speak with BEIS confidentially about your project ideas
The webinars will benefit a number of organisations and professionals including:
- Manufacturing companies
- Mining and quarrying companies
- Recovery and recycling of materials companies
- Data centres
- Energy efficiency and decarbonisation technology providers
To help potential applicants to find suitable partners for the competition, KTN has launched the Phase 2 IETF networking platform. BEIS will be offering confidential discussions via the networking platform on the day of the briefing event and you can book meetings with them through the IETF networking platform.
More information & event registration:
To book a place on the briefing webinar, register here.
To find out more about the competition, join the online briefing webinar on 6 October.