Published on: 06 January 2022
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) has released guidance and information to help raise more awareness about the UK’s new regulatory regime for manufactured goods to ensure that overseas businesses can continue to place goods on the UK market.
The UKCA mark will be required for all goods being placed on the market in Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) from 1 January 2023.
BEIS has made the following guidance documents below available and indicate that they will be running a series of webinars early next year:
- New Product marking and conformity assessment
- Step by step guide: UKCA Mark
- UKCA and UKNI: Quick guide (Get your business ready for the new UK goods regulatory regime)
Here is a link to the government website which lists all the webinars that will be running between January and March 2022. The webinars will be covering topics such as;
- Adapting to your new responsibilities as an economic operator
- Understanding the routes available for conformity assessment
- Understanding marking and labelling
- Placing goods on the market in Great Britain
- Placing Goods on the market in Northern Ireland
- Understanding the new UK regulatory regime: Focus on construction products
- Dedicated Q&A only session
British Marine suggests that you take the time to look over the guidance documents that BEIS has published and share them with your overseas suppliers. The links to each of the three guidance documents are available on our website here. We also suggest that you take this opportunity to look over the webinars that BEIS will be running.