Published on: 27 March 2019
Some of the UK’s best leisure marine businesses and achievers were last night (26 March 2019) celebrated at the British Marine Trades Association Awards 2019.
Following a hugely successful first day at the inaugural British Marine Expo, in association with HPi Verification Services, members and industry peers gathered together at the Association’s annual gala dinner, hosted at St. Mary’s Stadium in Southampton, to see this year’s winners presented with the prestigious awards.
Four British Marine Trades Association Awards were up for grabs, with industry publication, Boating Business, presenting another four on the night. The winners included:
- British Marine Trades Association Business of the Year: Superyacht Tenders and Toys, chosen for its outstanding performance as marker leaders
- British Marine Trades Association Personality of the Year: Richard Roberts
- British Marine Trades Association Chairman’s Special Award: David Pougher for his dedication to the industry along with his commitment to go above and beyond when needed most is second to none
- David Coleman Excellence in Exporting Award: Osprey Technical Consulting Ltd
- Boating Business Awards:
- Environment Award: Emma and Scott from SLEEK Clean Care
- Scott Deverell Young Businessperson of the Year Award: Oscar and Lauren from TeamO
- Woman of the Year Award: Dawn Ramsay from Navico
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Kevin Cooney from Cooney Marine
Paul Martin, Chair of British Marine Trades Association Chairman, stated: “This was another hugely successful British Marine Trades Association Awards Dinner. We are delighted to once again be able to recognise the array of talent which is crucial to supporting the continued growth of the UK’s £3.17bn marine industry. Congratulations to all our very worthy winners!”
The British Marine Trades Association Awards and Dinner was sponsored by Boating Business, PSP Marine, Marine Resources, A-Plan and Marine Advertising Agency.
Paul Martin concluded on the evening: "It is a privilege, as Chair of British Marine Trades Association, to host another successful dinner and the Association looks forward to welcoming you all to the 2020 event."