Closing Date21 August 2020
Valid From21 July 2020
This is a trainee position at Berthon International’s UK HQ. Working in the motor yacht department assisting with brokerage sales and learning the brokerage process. The Trainee will need to conscientiously build up their product knowledge in this field and may be expected to attend boat shows and events as needed. It is envisaged that there will be some involvement with new yacht sales also. The successful applicant will have boat handling experience.
Duties (These will be undertaken with supervision from more senior members of the team):
- Spending time to acquire the product knowledge to enable the job to be properly actioned.
- Gaining thorough product knowledge of the motor yacht market.
- Learning as much as possible about Windy Boats of Norway.
- Learning as much as possible about Pearl Motor Yachts.
- Working with Robert Steadman on the Iguana brand. It is expected that the successful candidate will have a hands on role and will be expected to learn to demonstrate these boats to fully understand the product and the range.
- Preparing particulars.
- Contact with yacht owners and yacht purchasers.
- Assisting in the office with all support work necessary to both the sailing yacht and the motor yacht division.
- Participating in Boat Shows and other events as required.
- Learning the brokerage process and attending any training courses at the request of the company as should be necessary.
- Participating in the Weekend Duty Rota – Berthon is open 7 days a week.
- Working with other parts of the business to assist in selling Berthon services across the board.
- Assisting overseas Berthon offices as required. Berthon has offices in France, Spain, Scandinavia and the USA.
- Any other tasks that may be required to assist with the smooth running of the Sales Division.
- Observing conscientiously Berthon’s social distancing procedures at all times.
If you feel you meet the requisite criteria and want to work in a top quality environment, please apply in writing by sending a completed application form along with your CV.
You can download the application form from our website.
Apply ToSue Grant
Company NameBerthon International Limited
Job TypeBrokerage, Sales, Marketing
Job RegionSouth East England incl. London
How to apply
If you would like more information about this vacancy, please contact Sue Grant