A Marine Electronics qualification, which encourages a high level of professional expertise in entry-level and mid-level technicians and to lead them to further develop their skills.
Areas covered are:
- Ohm’s Law, Kirchoff’s Law, Vessel Grounding Systems, EMI
- DSC, VHF Transceivers, Coax Cables, Antennas
- Data Communications, Equipment Installation, Testing
- Electrical Distribution, Capacity, Wire Sizing
- Battery Basics, Capacity, Charging
The exam, which is based around the NMEA 0400 Standard, is part of the Marine Electronics Installer course and cannot be taken separately. The pass rate is 80%.
Further information: Liv Whetmore - 01784 223631 / email@example.com